Thursday, June 10, 2010

After the sun is gone...

I've come to the realization that the bulk of my time for the LLB is going to be spent doing one thing - reading. The first few weeks have been filled with activity - enrolling, getting materials, meeting fellow students, putting together tools to study. I've done a good bit of reading but somehow it always seemed as a supplement to the other items, now I recognize that it is going to be the main focus going forward.

I have to say that it has been a real high getting back into school mode. It gives me a sense of freshness, optimism as I look forward to what comes, a feeling of excitement. I've always had such a feeling, even from the first days when I went to school as a child fresh with new clothes and school supplies. While the beginning is always a lot of fun, its when you actually dig into it and realize what lies ahead that the luster begins to fade.

It is now a bit more clear to me what to expect. The vast majority of the time will be spent alone with a book reading. I can only imagine how many hours I will spend this way. I've tried to look in the study materials to see how much I should study and the indications are something around 20 hours a week which I probably average now. I feel good about the amount which I have read over the past month or so. Even though it has been a bit eclectic it seems all to fit together. I suppose now the serious work begins and I need to start plowing through the material. I will try and start sharing some of the concrete cases and items that I come across in upcoming posts so you can see where my path takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment