Friday, August 13, 2010

Breaking the law...

So I am less than pleased to report that I have had my first face to face encounter with English law! Yours truly, during his recent holiday in the UK, was charged within the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead with an offense against The Traffic Management Act 2004, s.78; Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007; Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) Representations and Appeals Regulations 2007. Quite dramatic don't you think? Well before you run off to call a defence attorney or abandon me altogether in shame, I will be happy to let you know what this offense is in layman's terms - a parking ticket. Basically, I was in a 'pay and display' parking lot in Windsor and got a ticket for being 'Parked in a car park without clearly displaying a valid pay & display ticket or voucher or parking clock'.

Needless to say this completely ruined my day for several reasons. Firstly I had bought a ticket and put it on my dashboard and it covered this period. Secondly I came back and bought yet another ticket before I found the fine on my car. Thirdly I now have to deal with this issue. I plan to protest my innocence obviously but I feel the hand of pressure upon me. The fine is 50 pounds but if you pay quickly only 25. So today I must go on line and begin my campagin to uphold my honor. Wish me luck, I will let you know how this step into the legal system goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment