Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Last one done

So, I'm back from my Common Law exam. It was pretty much as I expected. I hope that all went well. Somehow my revision managed to be right on target so the topics that I revised over the past few days were exactly some of the options on the exam so I am really pleased about that. I don't have the feeling that I nailed it quite as well as the criminal law exam but my initial feelings are that it was better than the public law exam. Perhaps with luck an upper second might be in the cards. Fingers crossed. In any event, baring any terrible misfortune this is the end of the first year of law school. Grades should come the end of July with luck and I will see how well I did.

Next is to celebrate (I did a bit of that right after the exam and I plan to do more tonight with family) and then to see which courses to go for next year. So far research seems to be pointing me in the direction of my original plan to do contracts (a must) in conjunction with torts and trusts and leave land law for my last year. We will see if this hold true. In any event, I am really looking forward to moving on and starting with some new subjects in the next few months.

Never fear however I will continue to post things for you my loyal readers. Next on tap is the amazing statistic that 80% of all appeals are based upon judges' mistakes. Given that judges are given only limited training does this not strike one as an area for huge improvement?

No comments:

Post a Comment